Linux binary package

You think of something which could be added to TA3D post here! /
Vous pensez à quelque chose que l'on pourrait ajouter à TA3D, postez ici!
zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Linux binary package

Post by zuzuf » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:01 am

Currently there is no binary package for Linux, and it seems that people have difficulties building and running it (they try to install it by calling "make install" which doesn't work on current stable release 0.4.1). So I will include binaries for Linux (both 32 & 64 bits) in next test release. There'll be a Linux package and a windows package, and also a source package ... so there will be 3 packages to have smaller packages (source code is 1.8Mb !! TA3D binary is 2.2Mb !!). The Linux package will be a tar.bz2 package (7zip isn't installed by default on ubuntu so I won't use 7zip with it) so it'll be easy to extract for someone that doesn't know how to install 7zip.

And now we'll need testers to check compatibility with various Linux OSes :D.
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Corsaire

Post by Corsaire » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:03 pm

Remember what I said about the 'make install' thing at the very begining ? :p

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Post by zuzuf » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:23 pm

Currently 'make install' will only start the install-sh script that will start the HPI resource installer to extract totala1.hpi & totala2.hpi from TA's CD.

The install process isn't ready yet, there is still a problem with finding the resource files ... which is required to make .deb/.rpm packages. I've seen a rpm SUSE package for 0.4.1 but I don't know how it's currently working, it may be interesting to have a look at it.
=>;-D Penguin Powered