New tier

You think of something which could be added to TA3D post here! /
Vous pensez à quelque chose que l'on pourrait ajouter à TA3D, postez ici!
zookey500

New tier

Post by zookey500 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:39 pm

You know how total annihilation has 2 tiers. Would it be possible to add a additional tier.
My suggestion (Maybe in a update,that I haven't read), is to add a shield for buildings. Units could take cover in these but can't shoot.
Make the shields a reasonable size, with limited life points. Also you could make them a big drain on power.
The reason I think there needs to be another tier is because better and more powerful units should be harder to get, and take longer.

Thanks
Matt
Reading this message makes it part of your existence. Until you forget it. Then it never happened.

zuzuf
Administrateur - Site Admin

Re: New tier

Post by zuzuf » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:03 pm

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "2 tiers" but if I have it right then it can be extended by editing the factory/units graph (split in various TDF files)
=>;-D Penguin Powered

Balthazar

Post by Balthazar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 am

TA and TA3D have 3 tiers, if you mean the technological levels. Addition levels can be added through modding. Shild support is planned, but not the way you discribe, it`s just energy defence shield, that protect the building itself and nearby units.

zookey500

Post by zookey500 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. Yeah much like the additional levels. And i didn't know that that could be achieved through modding.
Reading this message makes it part of your existence. Until you forget it. Then it never happened.