cError

Everything related to the code /
Tout ce qui touche au code
Cire

cError

Post by Cire » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:45 am

Zuff try not to use this object anymore, as I want to phase it out. My next step is to move some of our 'common' and now trusted routines and introduce our namespace into stdafx, these will include 'Uppercase, 'LowerCase', 'format', 'TrimString', 'SearchString''' as inlined code

I've optomized a few of them, and inlined them as well, I'll post the updated code soon.

Now i'am not fond of putting global 'project' relatated routines into stdafx.h but in this case we have to make an exception because many of our core classes are starting to use these routines and will not properly compile correctly without structuring our namespace oddly by including some files, then implementing some code, and then more includes and so on. I'am going to spend a day or two cleaning this up and orgnizing it so we don't have to screw around with structure layout ever again.

Now again as I said before we need to start using our scope identifiers, its sooooo tempting to do a using namespce, but bloat will occur espeically if we switch to another lib other then say allegro, ie boost, or whatever, even the namespace and will cause longer linking times, and bloating.

Anyhow when i'am done our guard code should go into play, You can use all the guard macros now as they will not change but when you come accross any cErrors we need to convert these directly to strings instead of say throw cError( arg1, arg2, true ); for example, we can drop out the arg1 as this is the 'where' location and is done via GuardEnter, we can drop out the true as its autologged now reguardless, and arg2 is our error which is a string and thus changed to throw( arg 2 );

Hope this all makes since.

++Cire.
Females: impossible to live with, most powerful money reducing agent known to man, 99% of the time they drive us insane; yet somehow we desire to have as many as we can.